Ohio is a state in the mid-west of the USA. The name of Ohio is after the river which flows through Ohio. Ohio means good river. With a rough population of around 12 million, Ohio is the 34th largest state by area. Columbus is the capital of Ohio and has urban settlements like Columbus metro area, Greater Cincinnati, and Greater Cleveland. Ohio treasury opened its wallet with Ohio small business grants.
Ohio is a good business settlement with firms best known are:
- Procter Gamble
- National Machinery
Modern SaaS firms:
- Unified Infotech
- SPEC INDIA
- Alliance Tek
The Governor of Ohio has sanctioned $125 million of funding under the CARES act to provide a $10k grant for small businesses. It is under the name of Ohio Small Business Grants and is on a first-come-first basis.
Are you still thinking what to start as a small business, read this area.
1. Eligibility of Ohio Small Business Grants
- It is only a for-profit making entity
- One employee to 25 in total can apply
- Need to have a physical location
- 90% of earnings should be under the Ohio tax law
- Businesses need to have a continuous operation, except if stopped due to pandemic
2. Eligible Use Criteria of Ohio Small Business Grants
- To buy protective gear for employees, customers, and clients from pandemic
- Rent payment of business premises
- Mortgage payment of business premises
- Utility payments to run business premises
- Salaries, wages, and compensation to employees, contractors, and daily wagers
- For supplies, raw materials, and equipment or upkeep of equipment
3. Ineligible Use Criteria of Ohio Small Business Grants
- Non-Covid related expenses
- To pay for taxes, cost incurred of federal and state obligation
- Political expense
- Costs on getting returns like payments from another source, government, or non-government, even paying loans,
Brace yourself and apply for Ohio Small Business Grants. I am sure this will keep you warm for a while to grow your business as things settle.